If you read US Weekly, then you might be familiar with their feature titled, “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me,” where they spotlight a celebrity to reveal 25 things you might not know about them. I love learning about the little quirks that make a person who they are, and since I don’t always reveal a lot when it comes to my personal life, I thought it would be fun to bring the feature to the blog by highlighting 25 things you might not know about me.
1) I’ve lived in Southern California my entire life, but if I were to move to another city, I’d choose New York or London. I love the energy and charm of both.
2) Speaking of New York, I have one older brother whom I adore who currently lives in Brooklyn.
3) I consider myself to be an ambivert (somewhere in between an introvert and an extrovert).
4) I don’t have any tattoos and don’t plan on getting any. You’re welcome, mom!
5) I’m extremely arachnophobic and have a hard time just looking at spiders (even if they’re dead).
6) Speaking of fears, I hate blood tests, wish needles had never been invented, and do my best to avoid anything gory, which means missing out on a lot of great TV shows and movies.
7) Despite my dad’s efforts to raise a WNBA basketball player, I stubbornly opted for dance and cheer growing up. As a result, I still don’t know the first thing there is to know about sports.
8) I graduated from the University of San Diego with a BA in Communications. Since I’m technically half Jewish, attending a private Catholic university was a bit ironic, but I can’t speak highly enough about the school, the campus and the friends that I made there.
9) I met my boyfriend back in college on a study abroad program in Hong Kong. We bonded over jägerbombs and dim sum, and our mutual love of food has served as the foundation for our relationship ever since (only partly kidding). He’s a gem, and if it weren’t for him, this blog probably wouldn’t exist. He shoots the majority of my outfit photos and even helps with coding on the backend.
10) I’ve never seen Star Wars, The Matrix, or Gone With the Wind, among many other popular movies that I probably should have seen by now.
11) I despise the feeling of dry skin, so I never leave the house without lotion and chapstick in my purse. Unlike most people, I’ll take humidity over dry heat any day.
12) I feel guilty if I don’t floss my teeth every night.
13) Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, making brunch one of my favorite weekend activities. There isn’t a breakfast item I won’t eat.
14) I love discovering new music and love hearing it live even more, so you’ll likely find me at various music festivals and concerts throughout the year.
15) I’m terrible at math, so I’m constantly using the calculator on my phone.
16) I always keep a to-do list, and even if I’ve completed the list, I’ll look for additional things to add because I feel unsettled when it’s empty.
17) Some of my readers have assumed that I’m taller than I actually am, but I’m 5’6″. I wish my height was more evenly distributed, but about 60% of that is legs.
18) I have to eat something sweet after every meal (and often in between). Chocolate in any form usually does the trick.
19) I’m a total cat lover, and recently convinced my dog-loving boyfriend into adopting two cats. I’ve never owned a dog, but I’d love to get one in the future.
20) Aside from the occasional glass of wine with dinner, I’m not a big drinker, but I love a Bees Knees or a Dirty Martini when it comes to cocktails.
21) I have an aversion to dijon mustard and can’t fathom how someone would choose to put it on a perfectly good sandwich.
22) I was obsessed with Mary-Kate and Ashley growing up, and finally got the chance to meet them after my parents surprised me with tickets to a live taping of Two of a Kind. Coincidentally, I ended up working for one of their clothing lines after college, and got to meet them a second time when they visited the office. I always identified as more of an “Ashley” than a “Mary-Kate.”
23) I’m extremely indecisive (especially when it comes to food), so I keep a list of restaurants saved in my phone, ranging from places I’ve already been to places I want to try. That way I’m better equipped to make a game time decision when I get hungry.
24) I’m terrible about working out, but when I do, I prefer to take classes, like Pop Physique or yoga.
25) My first job was working in retail for Abercrombie Kids during high school. I spent my entire paycheck at the store.
Can you relate to any of these? I’d love to know!