To be honest, I’m not a huge believer in “miracle” products. I think most of us are stuck with the genes we’re dealt, but that said, there are a few products I’ve discovered over the years that are the exception for me. This week’s roundup is dedicated to products I would be absolutely lost without.
1. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs: Love would be an understatement when it comes to Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. A friend recommended this product a while back, and I’m kicking myself for not trying it immediately. Not only does it provide a completely natural looking tan compared to other self tanners on the market, but it conceals scars, veins, bruises, etc. and gives your legs a flawless airbrushed look.
2. Mac Blot Film: As soon as the afternoon hits, my skin starts to look oily. A dermatologist once told me that I should embrace the fact, since hydrated skin means I’ll less likely develop wrinkles, but unfortunately that doesn’t make it any less frustrating. Since oily skin has always been a problem for me, I rely on these oil blotting sheets to combat shine wherever I go.
3. Clarisonic: My skin is sensitive, so using my fingers to gently wash my face has always seemed like the safest bet. The only problem was that I’d then find excess makeup on the towel as soon as I went to dry my face. I needed a method that was more thorough and decided to invest in the Clarisonic after reading rave reviews. Not only is it extremely gentle, but it leaves my skin feeling so soft and clean.
4. Swiss Army Mini Pocketknife: This is my secret weapon (both literally and figuratively). I carry one on my keychain and I can’t tell you how often it comes in handy. Whether it’s snipping away a loose thread or filing a broken nail, it’s a great accessory to have on hand.
5. Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm: If I’m looking to add subtle color to my lips, I’ll reach for one of these lip balms. They are incredibly hydrating and serve as a nice alternative to sticky lip gloss.
6. Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Make Up Remover: When it comes to removing eye makeup, I have yet to find a comparable product. For being so gentle, it’s extremely effective and usually only requires a couple of swipes before all of my eye makeup is removed.
7. Nail Polish Remover Pads: I have a love/hate relationship with painting my nails. The process can be a daunting one, especially when it comes to removing stubborn polish. Luckily, these nail polish remover pads make the removal task a breeze – no cotton balls or arm strength required.
8. Bonacure Moisture Kick Spray Conditioner: Ever since I can remember, I’ve struggled with tangly hair. And because I wear my hair on the longer side, I need something powerful enough to cure frustrating knots. My hair stylist recommended this product a few years back and it’s become a complete life saver. With just a few sprays, it detangles even the most stubborn of knots.
9. Vaseline Lip Therapy: I’ve been using this product for years and just recently discovered this adorable .25 ounce size. I apply it every night before bed and use it as a base for lip gloss and lipstick during the day. It’s small enough for any purse or clutch, so I always keep one with me.